Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Installing ActiveRBAC

I have downloaded and uncompressed InstantRails on my Windows XP system. In order to perform user authentication in my web application, I attempted to install the ActiveRBAC library for Ruby on Rails. Steps for installing ActiveRBAC are detailed in the excellent ActiveRBAC tutorial. However, to further take confusion away from installation steps, I will outline here the final steps I have come up with after some trial, error, failure then success on my side in installing ActiveRBAC on my Windows system.

  1. Start InstantRails.
  2. Open a Ruby console window.
  3. cd your_app_name.
  4. ruby script/plugin discover.
  5. Reply by no to all questions, except the two questions for http://svn.rails-engines.org/ and https://activerbac.turingstudio.com/.
  6. ruby script/plugin install engines.
  7. ruby script/plugin install active_rbac.

Congrats, you're done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Already both the plugins cannot be found. Thanks anyway for the post. Any clue how to get it running now?