Sunday, February 11, 2007

Yet Another Word Processor

I used to use Microsoft Word as my word processor. Later I toyed with the freely available open source OpenOffice for a while yet Microsoft Word felt more familiar so I stayed with it. Now that I've tasted Google Docs & Spreadsheets, there is no way I'll go back to Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or any other type of offline word processor. Google Docs is just so great in it's simplicity and collaboration features that make getting back to offline word processors lame.

Today I discovered yet another word processor that seems to have been out there for quite a while but I just did not happen to know about it. AbiWord is it's name for those of you wh0 would still like to use an offline word processor and want a free alternative to OpenOffice.